Paths in network, degree of vertices
- Definitions of paths in graph
- walk, chain and path
- closed walk, cycle, closed chain, loop
- length and value of path
- the shortest path, diameter
- depth of vertex in acyclic graph
- Degree of vertex
- input degree
- output degree
- all degree
- Paths and degrees in Pajek
- Find degrees, shortest paths, paths with the lowest value and distances
from selected vertex.
- Find depths in acyclic networks.
- Find diameter, draw the longest shortest path.
Find out if there are loops in the network and if the network is acyclic
(in this case find depths of vertices).
Determine input, output and all degrees of vertices.
Present results in one table - Tools/Export to Tab Delimited File/All Partitions can be used to generate a table,
that can be imported to Excel.
Find distances from the vertex with the highest output degree.
Slides Pajek 2.05 (PDF)
Slides Pajek 3.** (PDF)