Papers on signed networks
- Doreian, P. and Mrvar, A. (1996): A Partitioning Approach to Structural Balance. Social Networks, 18, 149-168.
- Doreian, P. and Mrvar, A. (1996): Structural Balance and Partitioning Signed Graphs. In: Ferligoj, A. and Kramberger, A. (Eds.):
Developments in Data Analysis, 12, Ljubljana: FDV, 195-208.
- Doreian, P. and Mrvar, A. (2009): Partitioning signed social networks. Social Networks, 31, 1-11.
- Mrvar, A. and Doreian, P. (2009): Partitioning signed two-mode networks. Journal of Mathematical Sociology, 33, 196-221.
- Brusco, M., Doreian, P., Mrvar, A., Steinley, D. (2011): Two algorithms for relaxed structural balance partitioning: linking theory, models, and data to understand social network phenomena. Sociological Methods and Research, 40, 57-87.
- Doreian, P., Lloyd, P. and Mrvar, A. (2013): Partitioning large signed two-mode networks: Problems and prospects. Social Networks, 35, 178-203.
- Doreian, P. and Mrvar, A. (2014): Testing two theories for generating signed networks using real data. Advances in Methodology and Statistics, 11, Ljubljana: FDV, 31-63.
- Doreian, P. and Mrvar, A. (2015): Structural Balance and Signed International Relations.
Journal of Social Structure, 16(2), Pittsburgh: Carnegie Mellon University. Download.
- Doreian, P. and Mrvar, A. (2016): Identifying fragments in networks for structural balance and tracking the levels of balance over time.
Connections, 35(2), 6-18 Download.
- Doreian, P. and Mrvar, A. (2019): Signed networks for the US Supreme Court overturning its prior decisions.
Connections, 39(1), 1-14. Download.
Visualizations and Animations
- Animations of the Correlates of War data (COW) used in the paper:
Structural Balance and Signed International Relations
- Using constraints in prespecified relaxed balance partitioning of signed networks.